Thursday, August 14, 2014

starting fresh

I have been slacking on my blog. I guess the world is switching from blogging to instagram so I rarely ever look at blogs anymore. BUT whenever I go through and read my old blog posts I remember why I want to keep mine up. So many moments I would have totally forgotten about if I had not written them down. So, I want to keep blogging for me, as my journal.

Today I updated my blog layout, and want to try to start fresh on blogging again. I am way behind and missed lots of big moments over the last year. I know the reason I quit posting is because I wanted to catch up and post all of the best moments over the last year, so I postponed and postponed. . . and now all of those moments are piling up! Today I decided I'm going to post whatever I want, whenever I want. I might post about today or yesterday, or I might post pictures from christmas last year.

I guess this will keep things interesting . . .

So today I'm posting a couple pictures of Maylene that I took right before her 1st birthday. I remember taking these photos was a very difficult task because little May is not known to stay still for even a split second. The picture on the right makes me laugh because it is so Maylene -- in action. She is smiling at me for the picture but still has somewhere she needs to get to.

She has grown so much hair since I took these photos! Maylene is such a silly, energetic gal. She definitely keeps me on my toes every waking moment. She's always getting into something she shouldn't and is just so interested in ...literally everything. Some days I I get frustrated and can't understand why she won't JUST SIT for a minute. But I know that she is just too smart and determined to learn new things to just sit. I love her huge personality and how fun and playful she is. Lately she says "Hi" to anyone or any new thing she sees. Or she runs around the house saying "Hi!" for no reason.

I love my sweet Maylene and can't wait to see who she becomes, because she's going to be something pretty great.





No comments: