Friday, January 17, 2014

The Nursery: (almost) finished

Here's Maylene's almost finished Nursery. A few weeks after she was born I added a print to that empty frame. I still want to hang a few more things on the walls-- and a rug would be nice! But for now we still think it looks pretty good. My sister in law Niki surprised me on Mother's day with that gorgeous dresser! I bought it with her at an Antique Mall but never got around to painting it. She did it for me and I absolutely love it! It's definitely my favorite part of the room. The shelf and frames were from IKEA, and I made some prints to go in each of them.
I made an origami mobile. I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out, but once I hung it, it fit in the room perfectly! Best 3 bucks I ever spent on supplies haha. 
My mom went in on the chair with me so I got a great deal. I love that chair. 
Ta-da! Hopefully I will actually finish the room completely. But hopefully usually means never, right? ;) 

No comments: