Friday, May 10, 2013

ketchup

^almost 35 weeks^

Oookay. Here's my blog catch-up on life lately. 
My due date is exactly 1 month away from today. Holy guacamole. 
I have no idea where the time has gone the past 8ish months. I can't believe all of the changes and the crazy life happenings that have gotten us to this point. I can't believe that in a month (or less) I could be cuddling with my own baby.

So, as I mentioned earlier, after the baby shower I went into high gear trying to get everything ready.  We packed the hospital bag and wrote a list that is stuck to Clay's mirror of last minute things to throw in the bag. I just finished an online childbirth class on babycenter, and I'm really trying to prepare myself for delivering the baby. I'm not going to lie, I am kinda freaked out by the actual labor process.... Buuut I know it has to happen so I should get over it asap.  I guess I just hadn't thought about all of the things that could happen. Like for instance, my water breaking at work (or any other public place), preterm labor, an episiotomy.. or worse.. tearing... yikes! And just the whole recovery process, plus I heard your milk coming in isn't the most comfortable process either. There's just a million scenarios that can happen and the fact that it's so unpredictable is what's making me a little nervous. I'm also supposed to come up with a birth plan and make copies for everyone in the hospital so they really know what's up. I thought long and hard about it and came to a conclusion for my birth plan:

1. Don't poop.
2. If I do poop, don't tell me about the poop.
3. Get the baby out of my stomach and us both survive.

Hopefully it works out for me. As of now I'm seeing and feeling the baby move like crazy for most of the day. It's so fun to watch my stomach wave and bulge all over the place. I have been getting some not so fun back pain, and sleeping isn't the easiest thing to do anymore. But I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel and know it's all going to be worth it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my Gosh you crack me up!! Even if you do poop you probably wont even care when it comes right down to it!! but for your sake I hope you don't! I am almost done with your gift and will be sending it out as soon as its finished! I cant wait to see the rest of the nursery it looks super adorable!! Miss your face! and you are way too cute pregnant!!