Friday, December 21, 2012

October 4, 2012

WARNING: this post is a novel. I've been wanting to write this down for myself to remember down the road, so you are definitely allowed to skip through the mushy details if those eyelids start feeling heavy. :)

The last week of september I starting acting a little funny. And by funny I mean cranky and mean. Everything annoyed me. I didn't really notice that it was abnormal at first, I just thought I was having a bad week and that all the people I interacted with were flat out ridiculous.

Once October rolled around I noticed I was cramping a little. This was my first official suspicion. I am not going to lie, "that time of the month" is usually smooth sailing for me. I never cramp, never (as far as I know... maybe you should double check with Clay) get mood swings/crazy emotional, and the whole thing is pretty much no big deal. 

A couple days later I turned into a monster for no reason at Clay. He bought some big headphones that apparently the moment I laid eyes on them I had a satanic hatred for. So I unleashed a beast on Clay about how ugly they were and how I would never try them on and would never want to see him wearing them ever while I was home because they were just that disgusting. 

Clay got really quiet. (what he does when he's angry)

And then I felt 100% terrible and I said sorry a lot. He was starting to come around, but not quite. So I had to reveal my previous suspicion. 

"I think I'm pregnant."

That statement sure turned the mood around. 

So we decided to wait a couple days to take the test just so we could be sure. 

Well, that's what we decided that night...........But I decided the next morning when I woke up that I was going to veto that decision and take the darn test! 

Clay had already left for school. I got out of bed and thought, "How could I have a baby growing inside me and just wonder for days what the heck is going on??" So... my hands were shaking because I was pretty sure I knew what the answer would be.... and then whaalla.. about 10 seconds later it was confirmed. I was pregnant. I couldn't stop smiling. I set the test on the bathroom counter for me to stare at while I got ready, just to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.  When I was about to leave for work I took a picture of the plus sign on my phone so that I could sneak peaks while working. It was a crazy day! I wanted to shout to the world and tell everyone. Anytime someone would ask me how I was doing I had to contain myself and respond with an average "good" or "fine" so I didn't seem suspicious. It  was very difficult.

I spent most of my day planning out how I wanted to tell Clay. I was on google and pinterest trying to find something good, but nothing was really striking me. So I finally decided that when I got home I was going to go on morphthing.com. It is a website you can morph yourself with celebrities or anyone else, and you can morph what your baby would look like. I decided to upload multiple pictures of us so we could see options of what our baby would look like. I'm not going to lie... I really hope our baby is a lot cuter than those morph babies!

So I got home around 7 and prepared everything. Clay didn't get off work until 11. My heart was pounding for over 4 hours. My palms were sweating even. I tried distracting myself but nothing was working. I even took another test just to watch the plus sign appear again. Finally ... after what seemed like an eternity, I heard the door unlock. I just layed in our bedroom watching hulu so he could figure out what was going on. Once I heard the door open, he said, "are you pregnant??!" after barely glancing at my little display. He came in our room and I told him I was. I will never forget the way I felt when he said, "that is great news" while we hugged. We were so excited. 


No comments: